Every effort will be made to minimize impacts to motorists during construction. But from time to time, it may be necessary to close travel lanes on I-564 at various times and locations to complete the project-related work safely. For commuter convenience, roadway lanes will be open during peak travel times during the week with restricted lane closures during off-peak hours.
For the most current information on lane closures and other traffic impacts, please review the latest I-564 Intermodal Traffic Alerts
To learn of lane closures and alternate routes prior to traveling in a work zone area, motorists are encouraged to use the following resources:
- Visit I564intermodal.com, 511virginia.org, or virginiaroads.org
- Call 511 or download Virginia’s free 511 mobile app
- Call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016
- Watch for interstate variable message signs
- Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM